Monday, March 28, 2011

BD Spinner Leash Wire Gate Troubles

I've been using an umbilical setup for 3 seasons first homemade now BD spinner. I use them for almost all ice and alpine just not top roping, cragging and the little bit of mixed I do. I am on the cobras right now and really like em this season on three occasion have had the gate come open on my spinners. I have never fallen on or even fully weighted the umbilical and neither one looked different. All three time just swinging with slack. I decided enough talked to BD they had no good explanation. So I decided to cut off the original clips and put on small biner like my homemade rigs. I never had this problem with them.  I had Camp Nanos on them but found Metolius FS Minis where a little smaller. I know some folks and manufacturer's have girth hitch or use cords to connect to tools. I like having the option to easily clip form spike to head if needed or unclip and clip my tools on my harness or put on pack.
The clippers don't have a lip like a biner does also a spare if needed.

Mini FS on spinner clip ahh

Size reference mini fs-nano-neutrino
A swing and a stick!

No comments:

Post a Comment